Play it safe with worker’s compensation
Top 5 Tips
- Take a look at your company’s Experience Modification Rate (EMR) which has
a strong impact on a business along with OSHA, OSHA 300A. Then a run report for
the past 5 years. Take note if there are any patterins forming that would impact
your rate overall EMR.
- Make sure you have a medical provider network (MPN).
This way when accidents do happen they go through your MPN.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to review your safety for the previous month.
Look at recurring accidents and what might need to be improved.
- Make sure your people are classified in the correct workers compensation
categories. Having them in the wrong categories can cost you money!
- Have consistent reporting procedures. When there is an accident make sure
everyone is following these procedures and that there is a consistent process!
Leave your comments below: