Webinar: Tough Times Require Decisive Leadership
Tough Times Require Decisive Leadership
When: Thursday February 17th, 2022
1:30-2:30 pm Eastern / 10:30-11:30 am Pacific
**Proceeds will benefit the National Association of Landscape Professionals Foundation**
Mary’s webinar will address these 3 areas:
- The 6 Stages of Any Crisis, Challenge, or Change
- The 5 Steps to P.I.V.O.T for Success
- The 7 Leadership Reminders To Lead Through It
Crisis, challenge, and change management is one of the most important skills that effective leaders MUST learn in order for a company to be successful. How we handle adversity defines who we are and how our company is perceived.
To successfully lead people through and out of a crisis, we need to understand the 6 stages everyone goes through when faced with a challenge, change, or crisis.
Based on her Navy experiences during the first and second Gulf Wars and 9/11, Commander Mary Kelly articulates the reactions of people in various stages of crisis, challenge, or change. Understanding which stage your people are in helps you to calmly and strategically deal with both emergent and future situations, and allows you to lead your team to successful resolutions.
As effective leaders, we have to be able to help our people P.I.V.O.T. through the crisis by renewing their sense of purpose, influencing and inspiring others to take the right action, assessing the volatility levels, seeing the opportunities, and providing the right tools, techniques, and technology that allow people to succeed. Mary uses the P.I.V.O.T. acronym to help remind us of where we need to be for our people based on what stage they are in.
Mary concludes by showing leaders what works in the special forces world – how to use the acronym C.L.A.M.P.E.R. to default to the right actions during challenging situations. This reminds leaders of the right responses to the right people at the right time, so you can achieve the right outcomes.
Leadership matters, now more than ever.
After This Program, The Audience Will:
- Understand the six stages of a crisis, challenge or change, whether it is a software update, a new client location, or a global virus
- Learn the skills to P.I.V.O.T. through any crisis, and steer your team to a successful outcome
- Recognize the signs that people are struggling, and professionally deliver the right response
- Utilize the 12-Month Business Success and Accountability Planner to align leadership goals with team and individual goals
- Implement the 5-Minute Productivity Plan to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Use the 5-Minute Opportunity Plan to find areas of greater revenue while better serving current clients
For more than two decades, the NALP Foundation (a 501c3 organization) has supported education, research, and scholarships to strengthen the future of the landscape and lawn care industry. These efforts are furthered through programs that connect educators and students with professionals by developing initiatives to build and sustain a stronger industry.
The Foundation relies solely on the support of their donors to facilitate these initiatives and welcomes contributions year-round. Learn more about the NALP Foundation HERE.