About Steve Cesare, Human Resources Harvester
Steve Cesare has a Ph.D. in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology and more than 25 years of human resources experience.
Currently, Steve serves as The Harvest Group’s expert for Human Resources and Safety. Prior to joining the Harvest Group, Steve gained several years of experience in the green industry serving as the HR Director with Bemus Landscape in southern California. Steve has also worked with Jack in the Box, Citicorp, Sentara Health Systems, and NASA in a variety of capacities aimed at improving the quality of their human resources programs.
OUTSOURCED HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
For those companies that can’t afford a full-time Human Resources person or do not have the skill set for their Human Resources needs, but also can’t afford those potentially costly mistakes made in dealing with challenging Human Resources issues.
HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERTISE
Employee Handbooks, Safety Programs, Employment Law, Job Descriptions, Staffing, Administrative Policies, Performance Management and Discipline, Training Programs, Compensation Programs, and many more!
ON-CALL HR HOTLINE FOR OWNERS, LEADERS, and MANAGERS
Provides an outside “sounding board” to help deal with those “tricky” Human Resources issues that are often more complex and costly than they appear.
HR COMPLIANCE and ASSESSMENT REVIEWS
Conducts Human Resources program reviews, on-site, on-the-phone, or online, to ensure your Human Resources Program is efficient, non-bureaucratic, and successful. These reviews deal with diverse topics including: I9 documentation, wage and hour issues, OSHA, recruitment and retention, workers’ compensation, EEO discrimination claims, “HR do’s and don’ts,” as well as all of those other areas that landscapers have a challenge keeping track of or have never heard about.
HUMAN RESOURCES SUCCESSES
- Evaluated an employee selection system that delivered $1.4M in annual savings.
- Increased savings $1.3M by reengineering field administration and payroll processes.
- Reduced employee turnover 35% through improved selection system development.
- Decreased a company’s annual Experience Modification Rate to .71.
- Designed a productivity improvement program that increased annual sales over 11%.
- Decreased the duration of unfilled positions 65% by redesigning staff selection processes.
- Converted written training materials to an e-learning format that saved $290K annually.
Steve can be reached at [email protected]