Improve Your Company By Celebrating!
That’s right, it is scientifically proven that celebrations are good for us. Little ones, big ones, fancy ones plain ones – whether you are celebrating in a grand or modest way for annual celebrations like a holiday or the Super Bowl, a special occasion like a wedding, graduation, or birth, or, of course, accomplishments at work as a group.
It’s not a “nicety,” it’s important enough to be a strategic consideration in your culture! Most landscaping companies are good at celebrating. Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Let’s recap the benefits. There are plenty:
- Celebration reinforces our “belonging” to a group. The group creates social support. Many of the landscaping business owners I speak with realize it will be very hard to leave that group. (Some owners say they won’t ever leave!) People really miss their work group! People who celebrate together “belong” to the group. If I am at a Taylor Swift concert, I know I am a Swiftee and so are the people around me!
- Celebration releases stress. Have you ever found yourself forgetting to breathe when you are working on a deadline or a complex problem? Rather than missing the company meeting to celebrate this month’s birthdays, take a break! You can re-center yourself, get a breath and get some perspective. Sometimes, when I am on deadline, I feel as “frozen” as my dog tracking a rabbit. Not a muscle moves! One touch and they “re-center” and start smiling again.
- Celebration motivates everyone to focus on The Goal. Celebrating the company’s progress towards goals via a celebratory event can be a great way to reinforce everyone’s focus on the Big Goal. I like interim celebrations! We got to 50 percent! 75 percent!
- Celebration shows appreciation. Sure, most people are motivated to do good work regardless of praise, but I think of celebrating together as “the wind beneath your wings”. It’s that little extra lift to your step. Who doesn’t appreciate appreciation?
- Celebration creates a moment to be remembered. Do you remember the celebration when you got married? Of course (hopefully!) When we create a significant event and celebrate together as a company, we’ll be able to reminisce about it together in the future.
- Celebration builds energy. Positive emotion creates energy. When you are feeling positive, you are energized. That energy fuels the next level of achievement.
- Celebration rewards excellence. Isn’t part of your culture the desire to be excellent? To exceed expectations? Celebrating when we achieve excellence reinforces that message for the group and individuals.
I am sure you can add benefits to this list. We celebrate all of life’s major events and work events are an important part of our lives. People who celebrate together will be more productive, more collaborative, and less stressed than those who are just toiling away. Wouldn’t you like to work in and with a group of people like that? Wouldn’t you like to buy a company with that kind of culture?
If you’d like to have a confidential discussion about the value of your company, what your options for exiting your landscaping business are OR if you would like to know how to sell or buy a landscaping business, we are ready to help. Please call or email with your questions or comments via email: [email protected] or phone at: 224-688-8838.
Please call or email with your questions or comments via email: [email protected] or phone at: 224-688-8838.
We’re here to help you Harvest Your Potential!