Start by being #2 (or next in line)
Consider this: You are #2 on a job when you’re not currently working on the account but you have identified it as the one you would like to get in the new future. What is the best strategy to make sure you’re next in line for the job?
First, conduct basic recon:
- ID the project – here’s the job, location, address
- Find out who is the current property management company?
- Find out who is currently maintaining the project?
Next, qualify the potential job:
- Meet with the customer. After discovery with the customer, you may decide that the job is not a good fit for your business.
- If the job seems like a good fit then put it on your short list to go after.
Finally, on residential jobs:
- Select a neighborhood or town depending on your market.
- Design a direct marketing campaign to reach those folks on a consistent basis.
How many properties do you have on your #2 list? Let us know how we can get you from #2 to #1.
Post your comments below!
– Ed & Bill